Thursday, October 29, 2009

How to give a compliment

Hello my dear friends. I write today with a simple message, compliments.

Compliments are something that everyone enjoys, a good compliment can make a persons day better! It can make a grumpy person feel well, a tad happier and perhaps even make a person nicer, at least for that moment. I happen to give people compliments often, if I happened to think someone is beautiful, or their shirt, hair, eyes, shoes, especially shoes, um anything. I don't care if I know them or not I will say how wonderful I think they are or taste in clothes and so on are, you get the point. I usually get a grin followed by a great heartfelt thank you and the person walks away with their head a lil bit higher and I believe with a lil skip in their step.

Ok so I got the point across that compliments are awesome! and here is the real reason I wanted to write about this, bad compliments, oh for the love of the holy grail people there are good, awesome compliments and then there are things that come out of a persons mouth that makes you wonder if their brain had a momentary spasm when they decided to speak.

I have often found myself in the "WTF" thought after someone, usually a guy who I do not know nor ever would want to, says something so ridiculous, stupid and/or hurtful that makes me want to be able to smack them on their forehead with a stamp that says "I iz dumb dumb"

Examples of moments where this would apply?


* "Hey, you, you a skinny fat girl" now here is the perfect example of why this man is a complete tool and why he is probably single and will be for as long as he keeps opening his mouth. What is a skinny fat girl? well according to a friend a girl who is thin but has a big behind. Why even mention that a person has a big body part as if the person has never known and at that particular moment will go "OMG I have a big ass? no way I never knew!" yeah not gonna happen. If at any moment you find someone attractive or wish to compliment them on their body, "you have a lovely shape" is much better that what that idiot said.


* "You clean up good" uhhh huh. Lets see this one, now this is from someone who has seen you perhaps in a different situation before where you were not really in the best moment of your "dress" up time and feels the need to tell you this but instead of saying "you looked like shit before, now you look decent" isn't a thing one wants to hear, how about "you look very nice" simple and to the point.


* "You would look better with bigger tits" do I even have to explain why this is wrong? apparently so cause why in the world would anyone say this to a person? shit for brains. No! bad, bad! never say that.


* Any time you are approaching a person and you don't know their name, I bet being called words like ma' - mamita- baby - sweetie - boo - princess - or whatever else you can imagen will not get you any where. Didn't know you then, don't want to know you now. If you think of it as being cute or original, no it is played out and if it has worked, you know getting a number or a date it has been pure luck.


* "You look great, but you have a pimple" again stop while you are ahead.


* "The things I would do to you" "SECURITY!"


* "You must taste delicious" once again, "SECURITY!"




I could go on and on, after all I could go in the the whole family part of it too, you know those family members that also have no brains and will say things that make you say "ah yes this is why I moved far, far away" but no, that would be a novel and I have things to do.

The point is, think before you speak, because one day you will get a great big smack across the face. If you want to compliment someone think of them as someone you somewhat care about, by this I mean if it were said to someone you respect or like how would it feel if they got a compliment that makes them do the Scooby Doo question noise? not cool. They are meant to make a person feel better not want to throw boiling water in to your face. So compliment wisely my friend... *insert the little rainbow and cue music* the more you know. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment