Thursday, August 13, 2009

7 years ago today

I had a newborn in my arms.

I was scared, overwhelmed with feelings and aches. This small thing who I had inside of me for nine months was finally out and I wanted him back IN! I could not protect him any more in the way I was but I was happy to see his face. Elijah has not been easy, but he sure is funny, he loves to draw and paint, he loves to help and teach, he loves animals and music, he's a pretty cool kid and today he is SEVEN!

He's excited to be seven, seven to him seems like such a big number and it is, but I still see him as a lil baby, guess that is what parents see their entire life, their babies growing up but always their babies.

When he was just born I was not sure what to do to make him go to sleep at times and I never learned lullabies so one day as I tried to nurse him on the rocking chair, and him screaming his little head off. I did not know what to do so I began to hum and hum and he looked up at me and stopped crying. I thought, great! he likes music but what do I sing? so I made a song up, and this is Elijah's Lullaby...

Go to sleep, my baby go to sleep.
For when you sleep the world is at peace.
Go to sleep and close your eyes.
And you'll dream of angels tonight.




There is more but it's too special to share with the world :)


Happy Birthday my lil pookie, I hope you have hundreds of more birthdays to come. I love you. Oh I still sing him his lullaby ;)

Love,
Lola

1 comment:

  1. That is soo sweet :) They grow tooo fast.
    I tell Rory all the time she will ALWAYS be MY baby.

    Happy Birthday Elijah!!

    ReplyDelete